Hey everybody, it's time to upgrade your s9y installation once again (except you're running CVS, of course): go download! Garvin has bundled s9y-0.8b1 today (read his german release announcement), the coolest s9y "release" so far... Here's why:
- Support for Smarty Templating
- Improved installer with new "Simple Installation" mode
- Redesigned Administration Panel
- Syndication plugin offers to make RSS full content feeds (including extended entry)
- Added native import tool for Nucleus, WordPress, b2evo, bblog, bmachine, pmachine, geeklog, sunlog, Textpattern, phpBB and MoveableType installations, preserving entries, categories, users and comments
- Improved "Pretty URLs"
- Media Manager allows to upload files and insert them immediately in entry creation supports hotlinking of media on foreign servers
- Support for Server-timezone offset
- Improved directory/file structure
- Serendipity can now be used with JustBlogIt Extension
- Added option to send gzip-compressed pages to save bandwidth
- Support for realnames of authors instead of login-name only
This is not all, you can check out the full 0.8b1 release notes at the s9y wiki. If you're curious and want to enjoy a sneak preview about a s9y-blog looks from the inside, check out the s9y tour at supersized.org.